USPAACC is seeking an enthusiastic, flexible, and organized professional who can join our business development team as a part-time Certification Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for the certification or credentialing of Asian American-owned and minority-owned businesses to USPAACC’s pipeline..
- Drive membership certification process for all new Asian American-owned and minority-owned businesses within the USPAACC network with the Business Development Representative and leadership team.
- Uses sound judgment and observational skills to move a project forward and deliver results. Able to identify visual, verbal, and written cues for potential B2B opportunities or conflicts in the certification process and involves leadership if necessary.
- Follows-up with business development team and leadership daily/weekly/monthly to share results and deliverables.
- Acts as a liaison between certification reviewers and applicants/members. Provides superior customer service through:
- Make calls and reply to emails with a pleasant and professional manner.
- Listening carefully, understanding fully, and working collaboratively with clients through phone, email, and more means of communication.
- Versatility and dynamic follow-up and outreach to Asian American-owned and minority-owned businesses to keep clients engaged throughout certification process and energized by USPAACC’s mission.
- Proactively contacts business owners to explain, advertise, and assist with registration for events, programs, and networking activities.
- Organizes data, documents, notes, and information in clear, logical, and relevant manner.
- Maintains and updates on-going reports of membership & certification status.
- Maintains data for clear & efficient presentation and metric reporting for easy retrieval, trend analysis, and historical reference.
- Documents best practices and knowledge on USPAACC’s internal wiki.
- Migrates paper files in DC office to online documentation
- Manages the certification platform with an external contractor, committee members, and business development team.
- Takes initiative to continuously learn about current economic environment, USPAACC programs, and other ways to add value to members and overall organization.
- Partners with different departments on projects as it relates to member needs (research, finding contacts, marketing, program idea generation, etc.)
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Must live within the greater Washington DC area.
- Nimble, flexible, and enthusiastic about working in a sales-adjacent environment. Not discouraged by “no” and can continuously bounce back from rejection.
- Tech savvy with the ability to learn and utilize new applications efficiently and effectively with minimum guidance, including but not limited to: CRM, Certification Application System (will provide training), Excel and other Microsoft Office Programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially over the phone.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, time management, and data analysis skills.
- Creative problem solving skills—takes initiative, asks productive questions, solution oriented, and seeks to see the bigger picture with minimal supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines and goals on a strict timeline while balancing many clients’ certification progress and USPAACC events at one time.
- Persistence, resiliency, adaptability, and flexibility to navigate both structured and ambiguous projects in a fast-paced environment to achieve results.
- Collaborative team-player who can contribute to the team’s overall success.
This position will be part-time (20-25 hours/week). Remote work available temporarily for this position but will be expected to work from the office in Washington DC the near future.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
To apply to this position, click HERE!
USPAACC is seeking an in-house video/media expert. This candidate should understand how to read and follow a run of show, have experience recording remote and in-person video programming, and expert level shooting and editing skills for programs and promotional materials. Candidates will be required to have a deep knowledge of post production workflows and be able to flow seamlessly from shooter to producer to editor. They will be the subject matter expert but also expected to know when to reach out to an external vendor for assistance for larger projects, such as business conferences, scholarship programs, and more.
- Act as main point of contact for all video requests
- Responsible for providing technical/creative production support services to include:
- Producing and directing programs
- Planning technical rehearsals and recorded productions
- Providing voice over services
- Operating studio cameras, video recording devices, microphones, remote camera, broadcast equipment, and teleprompters
- Supervise in-person taped shows and handle post-production.
- Post-production includes: audio and video editing, trimming show for length and clarity, creating promotional video and audio materials (sizzle reels, commercials, etc.), adding graphic elements, checking final version for quality control, managing the YouTube channel, and saving all required videos.
- Coordinate and manage schedules for pre-production, field shoots and post production phases of the project.
- Delivers results under tight deadlines
- Create graphic elements for programs (opening and closing images, countdowns, etc.)
- Maintain the functionality of equipment, to include, but not limited to: conducting routine preventive maintenance and appropriately recording and reporting malfunctions in an expeditious manner
- Maintain communication with all relevant parties to remain aware of timelines and schedules
- Interact with both internal leadership and external contacts relating complex technical issues/solutions
- Interacts with guest speakers, moderators, and panelists from minority-owned small businesses, fortune 500 corporations, government agencies, and diverse chambers of commerce in a professional manner both verbally and in written communication to establish a professional partnership.
- Have and execute a vision for USPAACC productions: be able to analyze programs, decide what is needed/what is not needed, be subject matter expert for productions but also able to research and partner external vendor as needed as point of contact.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Video, or Television Production OR years of experience in videography, television production, or photo journalism
- Demonstrates technical expertise and comprehensive knowledge in video/television production to include a variety of complex/creative assignments being proficient with audio and video equipment and editing software such as: Adobe Audition Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Corel VideoStudio, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro X, etc.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks. including:
- Follow a script/Run of Show
- Working on a tight production schedule
- Working with talent from government agencies, fortune 500 corporations, and minority-owned businesses
- Modifying/enhancing raw video/audio
- Maintaining & cataloguing footage
- Producing multiple/different supporting graphics
- Overseeing maintenance of video/audio equipment
- Exceptional project management skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
This is a 6-month contract with the potential for extension of contract or transition to a full-time role. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Ability to work unpredictable hours, including some evenings and weekends when necessary a plus to achieve the goal
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
All engagements are virtual due to COVID-19, until safe to do otherwise.
Click HERE to apply today!
The US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC) is the most established and largest non-profit organization representing Pan Asian American and their related groups in business, sciences, the arts, sports, education, public and community services.
Our mission is to be the gateway to corporate and government contracts, Pan Asian American (includes East, South and Southeast Asian and Pacific Islander) suppliers, information about Asian Americans and the Asia-Pacific and Indian Subcontinent markets.
The vision of USPAACC is to be recognized as the premier educational, training and networking organization that connects business to business to government, and that opens doors to contract, professional and educational opportunities to Asian Americans and their partners in Fortune corporations, government, nonprofit organizations and the small and minority business community.
We are looking for a competent Program and Communication Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative, program coordination, and communication tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties such as researching topics, developing session formats, coordinating logistics and providing virtual/on-site execution. To be an excellent program coordinator, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams. If you have proven skills in program development, regional coordination, events coordination, webinar hosting and educational programs, this is the right role for you. The goal will be to facilitate the effective management of programs according to the organization’s standards.
This role is a 6 month - 1 year contractor position that may turn into a full-time role. You must be available to attend CelebrASIAN Business + Procurement Conference.
All program and events are virtual, until safe to do otherwise.
- Support the Program Department in their work to maintain, develop, coordinate and grow USPAACC programs such as: Annual National CelebrASIAN Business + Procurement Conference; "What's Your Pitch: Innovations Meet the Market" Competition; College Scholarship Program; Chamber Leadership Development Program (CLDP), C-Suite Executive Academy; Business Leadership Series Webinars (BLS); Business Express; LiveTALK, Regional Conferences/Events and more
- Utilize existing database of USPAACC information, and online search engine optimization skills to find speakers, manage/create content, coordinate with marketing and other departments to implement programs and communications. Able to reach out and facilitate relationship building meetings, set and follow agendas for meetings to achieve desired results
- Copywriting/editing for program descriptions, letters to external/internal stakeholders, weekly marketing emails (create/edit/coordinate, HubSpot preferred) creating and editing social media posts, updating website content (experience with CMS – content management system preferred), and similar activities
- Create/edit graphics, audio or video for programs or marketing purposes
- Assist in preparing and updating internal and external content for the annual conference, pulling up and preparing registration reports. Collect and organize data so that it can be used to analyze program functions, trends, productivity and redundancies
- Working knowledge of conference programs to articulate correct and appropriate information to Guests, Conference Assistants, etc when necessary. Drive aspects of conference preparation
- Update and help maintain historical documents, folders, binders, et. For easy access and future reference. Create, update, and organize documents as requested.
- Have flexibility in accommodating other requests as it relates to USPAACC, the Program Department and other CelebrASIAN functions
- Organize research results appropriately in excel spreadsheets, HubSpot, dropbox, Office Suite systems and other databases for clear and efficient presentation to the Program Department & easy understanding.
- Assist with various research projects (i.e. young & successful Asian American entrepreneurs, Asian Americans that serve on boards of Fortune Corporations, Asian American sports, movie and TV stars, Asian American and other minority and small business organizations, Congressional contacts, options for conference gifts, decorations and awards)
- Proven experience as program coordinator, marketing coordinator or relevant positions
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping, reporting, copywriting/editing
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office, knowledge of virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, MS Teams, GoToWebinar, etc), CRM platforms (HubSpot experienced preferred), media editing (audio, visuals, graphics experience)
- Ability to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under pressure, ability to recognize priorities, pays attention to details, is a team player
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Pleasant manner, exhibits a professional presence in person and on the phone. Able to reach out and communicate both written and verbally.
- Takes initiative, has sense of urgency, seeks to see the bigger picture
- Experience running competitions with start-up/incubators a plus
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
All engagements and programs are currently being conducted remotely.
Click HERE to apply today!