Chamber Leadership Development Program: Fundraising and Grant Writing in the Era of COVID-19 and Beyond
- June 30 and July 14
- Virtual Event
The Chamber Leadership Alliance (CLA) is proud to present you with the first core competency webinars for our Chamber Leadership Development Program (CLDP) on Fundraising, Grant Writing & Access to Capital on June 30 and July 14, 2020.
The Chamber Leadership Alliance is a joint venture resulting from 6 years of collaboration where our organization, the US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce Education Foundation, came together with the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, US Black Chambers, Inc., and the US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce to produce the Chamber Leadership Development Program, sponsored by Wells Fargo Bank.
This program will leverage knowledge from subject matter experts in the higher education and business community to provide chamber executives and business organization leaders with the necessary tools to grow sustainable chambers/chapters and advocacy organizations to effectively build and strengthen minority, women, LGBT, disability, and veteran business communities.
CLA's Four Core Competencies that participants will learn in-depth knowledge about:
- Fundraising, Grant Writing & Access to Capital
- Leadership Development & Chamber Governance
- Administration and Sustainability
- Strategic Planning & Business Plan Development
*Participants who have attended two (2) out of three (3) trainings, per core competency will receive a participation certificate.
Our June 30 CLA program will cover:
Preparing a Grant Proposal During COVID-19 and Beyond (Time 11:00 AM-12:30 PM EDT)
- How can you be confident you’re writing a strong grant proposal, that gives funders the information they’re actually looking for? Writing strong grants can be tricky, particularly in times of crisis or uncertainty – whether you’re new to grant writing or have been writing grants for years. In this webinar, we'll break down what funders are actually looking for in a grant proposals, and show you how to take your existing grant language from 'okay' or 'good' to 'great!'
- We will:
- Walk through the common sections found in grant proposals, and how to develop a compelling response for each;
- Show you how to save time by reusing content, while still tailoring custom responses;
- Share step-by-step feedback on sample grant language, and how to take it from 'ok' to 'good' to 'great'; and
- Answer some of the most common questions we hear from clients on this topic, including how to tell your “COVID-19 story.”
- There will also be time for Q&A during the training. By the end of this webinar, you’ll have the insight and tools you need to be sure your grant proposal includes the information funders care about, in the most persuasive language possible.
To learn more about other upcoming CLA programs, please visit
Please register to receive workshop information. Participation is free.REGISTER NOW
Share This Event
“What’s Your Pitch” Innovations Meet the Market - Virtual Preliminary Round hosted by USPAACC Northeast region
Are you an entrepreneur with a unique business idea, product or service? Are you an investor looking for the next great thing to invest in? Are you a corporate buyer looking for an innovative product or service? If so, this program is just for you!Read More
“What’s Your Pitch” Innovations Meet the Market - Virtual Preliminary Round hosted by USPAACC Southeast Chapter
Are you an entrepreneur with a unique business idea, product, or service? Are you an investor looking for the next great thing to invest in? Are you a corporate buyer looking for an innovative product or service? If so, this program is just for you!Read More