USPAACC-Northeast Region’s annual Inspirational Asian American Leadership Awards Dinner and Holiday Party will be held on December 4th at the Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan in New York City. We are proud to once again have Wells Fargo as our Diamond Sponsor and welcome JP Morgan Chase as our Platinum Sponsor.Read More
CEO Academy: The Inner Game of Leadership
- November 15, 2018
- 2:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- 1201 Wilson Boulevard
- Arlington, VA 22209
- Google Directions
- Keith Randall (Randy) Chittum, Ph.D., Program Co-Director, Executive Certificate in Transformational Leadership Programs, School of Continuing Studies, Georgetown University
- Executive Certificate in Transformational Leadership, Certificate in Leadership Coaching Randy Chittum is an executive coach who works with executives and managers worldwide in a variety of organizational settings. He works at all levels of the organization, specializing in leadership development (coaching, teaching, systems, & infrastructure) and organization development. Randy regularly consults with organizations in the areas of emotional intelligence, coaching, succession planning, and leading change. He is at his best when “playing in traffic,” a metaphor he uses to describe his teaching and consulting style. The core of his approach is mindfulness. Randy believes that a leader’s ability to slow the action and reflect on one’s internal landscape is the key to leading effectively in a world often characterized by uncertainty, volatility, ambiguity, and increasing complexity. Leaders in today’s world have to become comfortable in the paradox of “being still while in motion.” He recently served as Vice President, Leadership Development at a publically traded company, where he reported to the CEO and coached executives, created and managed succession planning programs, taught leaders, and worked with intact created and managed succession planning programs, taught leaders, and worked with intact teams to enhance performance. Randy currently serves on the faculty of the Georgetown University Leadership Coaching program in the Institute of Transformational Leadership. He has previously taught leadership and organizational development at both the undergraduate and graduate level at Georgetown University, among others.
1:30 - 2:00 pm Registration
2:00 - 5:00 pm The Inner Game of Leadership
We know that leadership effectiveness is largely dependent on the leader’s mindfulness, state of mind, and inner storytelling. In other words, a leader’s “inner game runs the outer game.” Tolstoy said it best – “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Therefore, the most effective leaders have learned and understand that all change starts with the leader changing him or herself first. In this interactive workshop, USPAACC CEOs and corporate executives will:
- explore the power of their personal stories,
- examine the impact of leader intention,
- consider their own internal landscape and
- discover leadership growth options.
The coach will engage participants with interactive activities throughout the afternoon to ensure more lasting learning and change. The session will be a combination of group work and direct applications within the content during the afternoon with one break.
5:00 - 6:00 pm Networking Reception